Monday, August 13, 2012

7th Anniversary

7 years ago today, I married my best friend and love of my life.  We've had our ups and downs, but our marriage has remained strong through God's good grace.  We've had that 7 years of famine, so now we're ready for a feast!

I was able to send off my part of the SIM application on Saturday.  I feel pretty good about it and I think I got some good references.  So I guess I should back up in case I forgot to mention it before.  A year ago last January, we were rejected from Asian Access to be missionaries to Japan.  This has still been on our hearts though and there were a lot of "why" questions.  It just wasn't His timing yet.  When we decided to explore this option again at the beginning of the summer, we found that Asian Access had sort of been absorbed in to SIM.  I don't know how else to describe it.  AA still exists, but SIM takes care of the bulk of everything.  We both passed the phone interview part, then this last week we heard we passed the pre-application part!  The full application is our next step, then I believe we can do SIMGo, where we meet the US staff in person and get evaluated, if approved. The next one is soon, like mid-September soon, but I believe hat if we get right on it and they get right on it, we can make that one.  If we don't, the next one is in January.  Please be praying for our process!  If we get in to the one in September, there is then further training in November.  If it's January, it would be March.  And we would be pretty good to go once we raise the funds, which we know we have a bit just from our past experience.

Don't know what we'll be doing today to celebrate our anniversary, but it will be sweet.  God has been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment