Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rough Week

I thought mom's had this sickness immunity.  Maybe it just seemed that way, because my mom was pretty much super mom.  But this week I have been sick with what I believe is a secondary infection from allergies.  I've felt pretty bad.  Throat kills, can't breathe from my nose, pounding headache from sinus pressure.  And to top it off, AF is in town. 

My parent's bought a house further away.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I mean, we may be moving on the other side of the planet, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  Them moving out of my childhood home will be kind of rough though.  Being sick and on AF while hearing about this though...rough.  Knew it had to happen.  Needed to happen.  There is a comfort in the familiar that people can get stuck in though, and thus never know God's best for them.

That's why we're going for Japan!

We have all of our work in to SIM.  It's the waiting game.  Trying to be actively praying about this, since that's all I can really do.  Also trying to focus my thinking on other things so that I don't worry about it.  Who adds a day to his life by worrying, Paul asks.  Disneyland trip is in 16 days!  Then we'll be helping my parents move, followed by Thanksgiving, and a family wedding in early December and a million other December activities.  In the midst of all of that, we should find out about SIMstart and get our tickets to Charlotte if God wants us right now in Japan. 

I guess that's a good thing about my parents moving.  I am a middle child, so I can tend to be a little clingier to what I know.  Them moving to a unfamiliar area just breaks me, melts me, molds me, uses me to His Glory.  I was willing before, but it makes me more willing to move to Japan and start a new life there.

No comments:

Post a Comment