Monday, October 1, 2012

Better Batter

I had always heard in the gluten free community, that Better Batter was pretty much the end-all/be-all of mixes.  I've tried a lot in this last year of being gluten free, but hadn't had the chance before last week to try these mixes.

Thank goodness for the Gluten Free Allergen Free Expo!  Although they were sold out by the time I hit them, they offered the expo pricing on their website along with a code for free shipping.  Another awesome thing about this company, besides their sweet owner, is that they have finance options for low income families and they are a huge advocate in the autism community. 

The first thing I made was chocolate cake.  It was my dad's birthday and my mom hadn't baked a cake yet, so I offered to make one.  Besides a slight difference in texture, no one could really tell it was gluten free.  Color me impressed!  Then I decided to break in to the seasoned flour and made fried okra.  It rivaled my Granny's (shhhh, don't tell her)!  It had a definite kick to it.  Very addictive.  No one could tell at allllll that they were gluten free.  Then I did something I shouldn't have.  I took the brownie mix and made grasshopper brownies.  My waistline is shot.  I have found my go-to brownie mix.  Again, no one could tell they were GF.  There wasn't even that kinda funky texture.  They were just really, really good brownies.

Here's the link to their website: http://betterbatter.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment