Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Voice Lessons

So after not having voice lessons for about a decade, I am back in the saddle!  Today was my first one back in, and while I did have some things to work on, my teacher was impressed that my voice has remained so pure.  I remember hating that about my voice.  I have very little to no vibrato, but as you age you get more vibrato in your voice.  So I guess my voice will be better for longer in theory?

We worked on quite a few vocal warm ups and she got some ideas of what she wants to do in my voice.  I had brought my music from when I took lessons so long ago, and she picked one of the last pieces that she had given me to start singing again.  It's a Bach piece, so I'm gravy. She was impressed how well I remembered it.  Well, I've worked on these pieces as they were the only links I had to music for a while. 

So I am quite excited to be starting back up!  Great me time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment