Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Reflection

I am getting bad about posting again.  Part of it is I have to be on Brent's computer since my password is saved here and I just don't remember it.  And Brent is always on this thing.  So here I am not able to sleep right now, blogging.

A lot of exciting things going on that I wanted to share.

My parents closed on their new house in Midlothian.  It's all very surreal to me.  But it's a VERY nice house.  Audrey just loves it.  It's a picturesque almost farmhouse, but not quite. 

The following Sunday after the house closure, my sister Nancy got engaged and is planning a Summer 2013 wedding.  I am so excited to stand by her side and be her Matron of Honor.  She already has me on duty by asking the church's wedding coordinator what dates are open this summer.  Nancy just doesn't want July as it is an icky month.  I am hoping for early, because of our bit of good news.  Audrey gets to play flower girl, so that will be good.  She'll be great for her favorite aunt (sorry other aunts, but Aunt Nancy is Just.  Plain.  Fun!)!

The next day we go our acceptance letter to SIMStart, where we go to headquarters in Charlotte for further interviews, meetings, and so forth.  They are 90% sure that they will send us at this point and we will know by the end of the long weekend in January if SIM will send us to Japan. The next step would be training through SIMGo in March.  We are so excited where God is taking us.

Meanwhile I am compiling a list of addresses to have, so when we do go to Japan I have a newsletter list.  That's been labor intensive!  I am thankful for facebook!  I just don't need to forget family and friends not on there!

I always strive to be a thankful person, but this year my heart especially swells with gratitude.  God is good.  Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment