Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Cheer

We had a glorious concert last night.  It was by far the best we've ever done it.  The orchestra was perfect, the soloists were phenomenal.  I hope there's a good recording I can get my hands on before Christmas... I am sure my MIL would love it!

This morning was Cup of Cheer, something the ladies at my church do just to get together.  The only reason I ever go is because my dad's quartet gets that gig.  They did a good job.  It's something he has always enjoyed doing.

I love this time of year.  It's not as busy this year as it was last year.  Could be because I am turning more down though.  I just have issues with this whole food allergy thing.  Even last night at the after party I had people trying to get me to eat.  But there was nothing I could eat.  Just nuts.  So I had those, really good hot apple cider, some of the nastiest limoncello I've had, and a really delightful red wine my friend Katie brought.  Usually not a red fan, but this wasn't as dry as reds can be.  But back to the food allergy thing, at least I am not gorging myself on things that are not-so-good for anyone, let alone me.  I've got to put some sort of positive twist on this!!

I made a gingerbread house today and started a gingerbread church.  I left them at my parent's house to set, so I will have to take pictures later.  I am kind of impressed with my first attempts.  I think I got a little too ambitious with my church though.  The steeple is sort of weighing down the roof and so the whole thing is lopsided.  Oh well.  It's kind of cute, really.  Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment