Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reflections

I can't believe it's already December!  Every year flies by faster and faster.  At the end of the month, Brent's turning 30!  I really need to do something for his birthday, but am not too sure where we will be.  So I guess I need to make 2 separate plans.  Hmmmm....  What to do??

I was reflecting earlier about how different of a place we were at this time last year.  We knew we were going to Japan to be missionaries and were going through all of the paper work and interviews.  We had met with several churches and organizations to raise money.  We had gotten 70% of what we needed promised, all we needed was to just be sent.  I was actively trying to learn Japanese.  Every thing here seemed so temporary.  Best not get too involved.  We'll just leave.  It's hard to believe we pretty much have lived in my grandparent's house just as long as we had our home in Austin.  Lately our pastor has been saying in every service that God is using you right now where you are.  You are where He wants you.  I feel like he's saying that for my benefit.  This time of unemployment/underemployment for Brent has lasted so long.  But I hold on to the fact that God knows.  This isn't forever.  He has provided and has been so good to us.  I hear of much worse situations than ours.  So I consider myself blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment