Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dante's Inferno Revisited

I think I experienced my own special circle of Hell this past weekend.

We were at my in-law's house in Houston and I was still getting over the junk I had.  I was extremely tired the whole time and helped set up for a wedding shower for DH's cousin that my MIL was hosting at her house.  Then right before the first person arrived, Audrey ralphed.  She has never thrown up before so she was very upset.  Then she did it again.  Oh great.  She had that dumb tummy bug that was going around.

So here I am the whole time in her room trying to comfort my sick child in a house that is not ours trapped by a huge party going on downstairs.  And to top it off, I am starving.  And there is only one gluten free option (veggies and hummus), so I had to eat some major junk food.  And then, after Audrey finally threw up the last time, she was ready to sleep, but people stayed an hour and a half past the ending time and talked flippin' LOUD so she kept on waking up.  I almost went momma bear on their hineys.  That just ticked me off. 

Needless to say, we hightailed it out of there the next day. 

Worst weekend ever. 

Hopefully all is behind us now though, since we leave for Disneyland in 6 days!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment