Thursday, November 17, 2011

One more week!

I can't believe it's a week until Thanksgiving!  I love that the weather is cold today and once more I have that wonderful Southwest Chicken soup in the crockpot, making the kitchen smell heavenly.

I wonder what I will contribute to the meal.  I think it'll be good to take at least a side and a dessert, so that I will get to have that.  And I know my bother Peter will bring something I can eat as well.  We're a pretty allergy-friendly family since Peter's had major food allergies for the past 20 years.  It does make it feel like less of a burden on my side since that's just the way we cook.  I think I might just be so frustrated elsewhere.  So now I am trying to think of ideas so I can get what I need from the grocery store.

Christmas shopping is almost done.  Just need to get my youngest BIL's.  Brent doesn't even know what to get him and he hasn't given any ideas.  Argh.  We're supposed to get some sort of settlement from our old electric company in Austin sometime in December, so that is a nice little surprise.  Every little bit helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment